Suggested Add Ons to Participation Rubric

---------

From: knitzber (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 07:01:36 PST

In addition....

You might specifically refer to the specificity of language
used in the discussion / critique as relates to the elements
/ principles / techniques that were to be employed in the
work being done.

In addition, going beyond just being constructive in their
shows in coming up with alternative solutions to what was
being examined in order to achieve greater success in the
work.

Finally, the ability that the student displays in relating
the
work being done in class to work that was done by
professional artists that they are familiar with, comparing
style, technique, effects achieved, message being
communicated. etc.

Kevan

> Subject: Creating a Participation Rubric
>

> Greetings Fellow Art Educators!
>
> I am working on a rubric to measure student particpation
> in group discussions and critiques. I've come up with
> only 3 things to assess (see below) and I would like to
> have 5. Can anyone contribute any suggestions for two
> more criteria to put on the rubric? This is for a high
> school art class.
> 1. The student actively participates offering constructive
> input to the group discussion.
> 2. The student sits quietly and listens when others are
> speaking. 3. The student responds to questions asked
by
> the teacher or the group. 4.
> 5.
>
> I feel like the answer to this one is staring me in the
> face, but I can't see the forest for the trees! Should I
> include something about response to criticism? What
am I
> not thinking of that a student would do that would be
> evidence of learning in a group discussion setting? Any
> input would be appreciated. Thanks!
> Grace

> This message was sent using BSB's Web Mail Interface.
> http://www2.bsb.k12.la.us/
>

> ---
email to