AP Studio Art Portfolios

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 12:56:35 PST

Dear art teachers who do the AP portfolios:
        I have 6-7 students who want to submit portfolios. Today we went
through their work which they have collected over the years. I am
dismayed at the lack of good work from even the very good students. I'm
not sure how it all got away from me, but I guess I wasn't checking
enough. Many of them work independently during my other art classes.
Have you got any advice for me as to how I could proceed from here? I
have a sore throat from repeating, observation drawing, still life,
figure studies, varied mediums, themes etc. etc. They don't seem to
have the initiative to work things up to another level. They expect so
much direction from me and this year, I have failed to provide it. Any
input at this point would be greatly appreciated.
worried,
Peggy Woolsey

---