Re: Betsy Re(2): Grading in elementaryTo Susan

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 22:25:26 PST

Restaurant tubes! Cool idea!
Sharon ~ NJ

Subject: Betsy Re(2): Grading in elementaryTo Susan

Ha. I don't know. I'm exhausted. It's six 50 minute classes per day
schedule, but the standard in my district is seven 45 minute classes.
I have
bigger classes, but a slightly longer planning time mid day.

I have 4 table groups set up in the room. I prep by placing all
supplies/ and
kids' projects for each table group in restaurant bus tubs. For 6
classes, I
have 24 tubs. I built a frame that holds them like pull out drawers.
The
kids get the tub and bring it to their tables, and they clean up by
replacing
the things in the tubs and taking it back at the end of class.
At the end of each day (or first thing in the morning), I pull out the
kids'
projects, and put the next day's kid's work in the tub with the
supplies.

---