Re: Bird pictures/Winged Migration

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 18:05:23 PST

Last night I saw an awesome dvd (also available on video?) called "Winged Migration," an art film by Jacques Perrin. Filmed all over the world, close up pictures of so many birds in so many various locations from Antartica to the Arctic. Lots of filmmakers 'adopted' or 'bonded' to birds, then flew thousands of miles alongside them in their migration flights in their ballons, ultra-lights and hang gliders filming them with the most spectacular landscapes behind them. I loved it and thought it could be played in class as reference material for birds, and thought a drawing or painting lesson could be the result. Perhaps a reference to John Audubon - who actually killed his specimins and made his etchings of the stuffed birds. Lots of connections could be made in science, ecology and art - even french language. Although narrated in english, there are interesting special features in french with english subtitles. It would be worth seeing, even if just for yourself. Catch a big screen if
 you can, although I felt it was quite spectacular in the dvd version.

peace, mark

sandra summers-barrick <tamayo@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
Linda,
I am interested in the bird pictures, are they on your site. Can you
send me your criteria. What I am thinking of are painting and mounting
on scrolls during a asian/japanese unit. So probably anywhere from 2-6th
grade, not sure yet.
Sandra