Hispanic Artist linked to Incredible Art Department

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 13:24:29 PST

Thanks Sandra - Mars Rover is in contact again...so
Joan got your message.

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I have been having fun talking with Sergio Hernandez
for several days now --and finally got his links
added.
Here is is site:
http://www.chicanarteyque.com/
Sergio Hernandez - Los Angeles artist who got his
start as a cartoonist. See Death Takes Frida! Email
Judy Decker if you need this image for a PowerPoint.
Don't miss his new cultural art work. Many powerful
images!

I wouldn't link him until I found out if "We" (Art
Teachers) could get his images for PowerPoint
Presentations (his site is right click protected) - we
can - and I will be glad to help if you just let me
know which ones you need. I already have Death Takes
Frida because I wanted that one. I also have a student
essay critiquing that work that will be on IAD soon.

You will find Sergio linked on American Artists -
Mexico Hispanic Artists on my site -- and Artists page
in Incredible Art Department....but the way I find it
fastest is to enter Sergio Hernandez in Google and you
get it first pick.

Sandra - a special "treat" coming your way to show you
why your message to "Joan" was so funny (your
reference to Mars Rover). It is a very long story how
"Joan" can about - and you were not on the list at the
time....Maybe this summer I will share it with you.
Joan is in honor of "Johannes" though - my great great
grandfather. "Joan" will only reply to the list when
she has something new to add on IAD.

Joan for Art Education! (JoanDark was just funnier)

Judith Decker

P.S. Anyone who needs to email Judy Decker may enter
Judy Decker in Google -- or go to:
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources

P.P.S. When I first joined Getty ArtsEdNet there were
so many members that had "screen names" that it was
hard to decide if anyone was real (smile). Now Judy
Decker just has a screen name, too - so what? Folks
Sandra does know where to find me - we have been
talking all day long. I knew her as Astroboy before I
knew Sandra.

--- sandra summers-barrick <tamayo@cinci.rr.com>