back from the RL

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 12:50:14 PST

Hello again everyone,

It's been a year or maybe even two since I've been active on this list. I
guess the main reason for my return is my wife and I have decided it's time
to move on and we are on the hunt for new teaching jobs.

I'm looking for a position teaching high school (no more elementary!! UGH!)
and my wife is an elementary teacher with a math minor (she really wants
middle school math). We're wanting to move cross country and experience new
frontiers. So I'll be lurking most of the time, scanning for any job
openings ya'll might post. We're applying for a couple of positions that
they have fewer students K-12 then are in my elementary and fewer people in
the county than are employed as teachers in my district--wouldn't that be
heaven!!

For those of you who have been on the list forever, YES, they FINALLY fixed
the mold problem in my room, simply because they put new windows in our
building and had to remove part of the ceiling to put them in. I could
physically SEE the mold and threw a HUGE FIT!. lol... Ended up with the
supervisor for the department in my room overseeing the clean up to make
sure it was done correctly.

My new thing (although my interest in it goes waaaaaaaaay back) is
claymation. I've received a couple of grants to work with my students on
this and it's been a great learning experience.

Ok, I'll quit rambling... good to be back. :D

Donald Peters
Jackson Elementary Art Instructor
Lubbock, TX