AEN: Repetition of painting assignments

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 17:12:22 PST

>So, do they kids and/or parents complain about this repetition? How do
you keep it 'fun'? I get the kids 55 min a week and it's so hard to spend
that much time on a project and keep them involoved?
>Jan

Jan--I can only speak for my middle school classes, particularly watercolor
in 7th grade. I have them for 50 minutes daily for four and a half weeks.
In that time period we learn the basics of art criticism, a smattering of
one-point, a dab of value, and if all goes well and there are no
assemblies, we have 1 1/2 weeks of watercolor.

My students seem to enjoy the knowledge that there's another chance. No
parent has complained--yet!

From Nashville, where SOGGY is the word!
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net