RE: AP Studio Art Portfolios

---------

From: Judi Morgan (judi.morgan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 13:20:24 PST

Hi.

It is always a challenge to keep AP students inspired. One thing that I
have done is to take photocopies or scanned versions of one of their
pieces of artwork. I challenge them to do something different with
it--cut it up, draw over it, monoprint the image, make multiple copies
of different sizes, etc. It is always "safer" when it is just a copy.
It provides them a chance to go back in and rework the image too.

If that fails, take them out to a college gallery or museum for
inspiration. College catalogues are good inspiration resources too.

Good luck.

Judi Morgan