Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Creating a Participation Rubric

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 10:45:43 PST

I'm curious as to how you are going to use your rubric while you are having
group discussions. Do you count down for the student who doesn't actively
participate (#1) or just sits quietly and listens (#2). I love having
discussions, then have students write a written critique as this allows me
to judge what the quiet ones are thinking. I look for vocabulary, concepts,
and growth in personal thinking. This area is always challenging to grade so
I'm interested in the final product. :-)
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher