Question on declaring war

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 09:48:15 PST

A bit confused, were you hired as a second art teacher to teach the
overflow? Is there a way for you to teach art history/appreciation class
instead? Do you, and were you hired as an art teacher and really that is
your true calling, and teaching the history has been a way for you to
find order? Although teaching history of art and appreciation is
important. It is also important that one should feel appreciated and not
stressed in a teaching environment.

Sandra
I am going in tomorrow after I get over the flu and looking at all those
art books that are on the shelves which I inherited. They look pretty
old, but I also teach 7/8 (1-6 is great) and may adapt your philosophy,
right now they get silent lunches and I can kick them out if they are
really horrid. (haven't yet) it does help having the principals office
opposite my door. (My new art room is in a partial basement).

Hawkholt@aol.com wrote:

> Plus, the "real" art teacher has the art studio and all the
> supplies.

---