videos:The Artists Specials

---------

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 15:04:40 PST

I have three of these and have only used the one about Winslow Homer. The
sub wanted to borrow it to take home to show her daughter- she said the kids
loved it -they were totally involved with the story line. I used it with 3rd
grade through 5th. I also have the Mary Cassatt one but haven't even
previewed it yet. I never feel like I can use a class period with a video
since I only have them once a week (45 minutes)unless it really ties in with
a lesson. But these are great for emergency sub days. Only problem- they run
50 some minutes and my kids were begging to stay to watch the end.
           Jeryl

---