Re: Thanks for replies/grading

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 10:37:49 PST

I think most grades are set by district policy. My district sends out report cards every 9 weeks, progress reports are sent home mid-way. At our middle/high school progress reports are sent home weekly if you have a D or an F.
~Michal

  Thanks for your replies, everyone. I appreciate it and am seeing how diverse ehe process is. . I think alot has to do with time.
  The ones that responded are almost all grading every 9 weeks.( only 8 replies so far) I thought it was more common to grade bi-semester. Was I wrong on this? Are there any of you who still grade twice a year? Can anybody offer a rationale for grading every nine weeks or for grading twice a year??

---