aen-organization and keeping your personal iteams safe

---------

From: Linda E (thepaintbrushjar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 07:08:03 PST

HI All
Just wondering how everyone keeps them selves organized...
I am finding the key to working off of three carts (one for each level) is ORGANIZATION!!! I use every second of my free time setting everything up. I have set up a scrap box and and smaller color coded scrap boxes. I have a recycle box (for egg cartons and the like) and a box for newspaper (go through them a lot). I have a box top for each class- to save work. I have collected a variety of baskets, bowls, boxes to cart around supplies and hand every thing out in. However, I am finding that my baskets are being used by the other teachers and not returned. (I guess my name label means nothing) When I go to use it, it is gone! Puts me in a sticky situation, because then I have nothing to use for the day. Does any one have this problem, and how do you handle it? I must say it would be a lot easier- if I had a place to lock things up...but its sad to say I share a small closet with 3 other teachers, it doubles as a storage area, for two other teachers, and it never gets locked since the school's paper cutter is in there for whom ever to use. Any ideas are gratefully accepted! I have learned so much from all of you!

---