Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: blind artist - Lisa Fittipaldi - blind sculptor

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 12:10:13 PST

I got curious -and tried to find the sculptor in the
archives -- No luck...but I did find Lisa Fittipaldi
-Blind Artist: She is legally blind - but
not totally blind? (from what I gather by reading --
but I am not positive - I didn't read every thing
about her).

I really do not know who you are looking for....but I
did find this man:
Carving a Niche: Blind Sculptor Steve Handschu Gives
Hands-on Lessons in Empowerment
I couldn't find any of his work online (at least not

I no longer remember who you said it wasn't:
Blind Sculptor Honored. Michael Naranjo - Winner of
Presidential Unsung Hero Award 1999.

Oooo...that movie about a blind sculptor sounds pretty
strange.... There is even an older one with Boris
Karlof - that should be strange, too.

I remember making a post about a lesson whre the
students are blindfolded - and I remember another post
abou tan artist who is legally blind (just not a

Let us know when you find that artists you were
thinking about.

--- Linda White <> wrote:
> Years ago I had my sixth grade students make clay
> sculptures to be held in
> the hand and to be interesting to a blind person.
> Many of the students
> closed their eyes as they worked. At that time we
> used Moore and Hepworth
> as our inspirations. Linda W. in OK

Do you Yahoo!?