RE: blind artist - Lisa Fittipaldi - blind sculptor

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 12:10:13 PST

I got curious -and tried to find the sculptor in the
archives -- No luck...but I did find Lisa Fittipaldi
-Blind Artist:
http://www.blindartist.com/ She is legally blind - but
not totally blind? (from what I gather by reading --
but I am not positive - I didn't read every thing
about her).

I really do not know who you are looking for....but I
did find this man:
Carving a Niche: Blind Sculptor Steve Handschu Gives
Hands-on Lessons in Empowerment
http://www.nfb.org/BM/BM01/BM0111/BM011103.HTM
http://www.nfbae.ca/publications/cbm/cbm12.php?id=159
I couldn't find any of his work online (at least not
quickly)

I no longer remember who you said it wasn't:
Blind Sculptor Honored. Michael Naranjo - Winner of
Presidential Unsung Hero Award 1999.

Oooo...that movie about a blind sculptor sounds pretty
strange.... There is even an older one with Boris
Karlof - that should be strange, too.

I remember making a post about a lesson whre the
students are blindfolded - and I remember another post
abou tan artist who is legally blind (just not a
sculptor).

Let us know when you find that artists you were
thinking about.

Judith