Great news from Joe Applebaum - Send me yours!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 13:00:27 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I just heard from Joe Applebaum (Cleveland photography teacher). He sent me
the following "Great News"

Joe just got some good news today. The Cleveland newspaper The Plain
Dealer, chose him for their Crystal Apple Award. One of his student's
wrote a letter to them to nominate him. They chose 12 out of 1200 entries
and he was one of them. They surprised him in class -- the superintendent,
the assistant super, and all of the principals showed up with the newspapers
reps and the girl who nominated him (along with her father and grandmother).
It's nice to get some recognition.

Please post --or send to me - your Great News. I really want to get the Art
News section of Incredible Art Department with some current news. I will add
your news each month. Let me/the list know what is happening in your
schools.

Judy Decker

---