Re: gas prices...read when you have a chance...

---------

From: Sid Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 12:41:12 PST

OK Judy, I really hate this kind of mind-set.
Let's just take this a bit further....we're not buying from the big guys for the
rest of the
year, no matter what, till they charge $1.30.
 We don't care if they make enough to pay their employees or
suppliers--heck--let them all suffer .
People have the idea that "big guys" can take huge hits. Haven't you noticed
how many BIG companies
have been dying and closing lately--K-mart, TWA, etc.
I've been thinking that art supplies are out of reach---how about if we take the
big guy--Sax, I'd bet, and
no matter what, don't order from them till their prices drop 25%. Can't you
think of a hundred reasons
why this is a bad idea?? I don't have any connection to the gas business, and
in fact if the prices double it
will just about put us out of business, but how about if all of us stop being
car hogs and seriously cut down
our personal consumption of gas. How about if we all take responsible
personally for things and do our
part.

Judy Nagel wrote:For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the
two biggest
companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling anygas,
they will be
inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce theirprices, the other companies
will have to follow suit.
send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline fromEXXON and MOBIL.
That's all.

---