[Fwd: Re: Re: middle school teachers]

---------

From: J & M Bolyard (gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 19:21:39 PST

Tracy
I'm not a new middle school teacher, but I'd have to agree with Mike.
With all the documentation we have to do to show that students have
reached their measurable objectives and the assessments teachers in our
district turn in quarterly, I can't imagine your situation, Love to see
how it works.
Especially knowing the nature of the beast ( I mean student :-) ),
even if I let them choose with the best guidesheet or rubric in the
world, I know some of my more challenging students would still be a
challenge. Your situation sounds very much like a Montessori program.
After having worked at one of those schools, I can say it is quite a
challenge to manage many different projects at one time.
hey . more power to you., glad it makes you enjoy teaching!
MaryB

Occasm@aol.com wrote:

>Tracy,
>I'm a new jr. high teacher and I have to tell you I just can't picture that
>kind of thing working for me personally.

---