gas prices...read when you have a chance...

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 13:43:37 PST

FYI I received this from a friend and it makes good sense to me. I don't
normally send this kind of thing but thought this worth an exception.
Please read when you get a chance and really try to follow, because gas
prices are getting out of hand. Even my cheap ole Arco has the nerve to be
$1.92 a gallon.....go figure!

Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer Want
gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an >
inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, who ever thought of
this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super
cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.7= 5, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the Marketplace....not
sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take
action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we
hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do
that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we
CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price
war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest
companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any
gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact,
we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's
really simple to do! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading
and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 =300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more
(300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and= pass this on to ten friends each,
then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level
further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you
have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from
EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million don't worry about it
all you have do to is send this to 10 people.... well, let's face it, you
just aren't a mathematician. But I am... so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten or
more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think
you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a
difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP
THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Judy Nagel
Sax Arts & Crafts
jdnag@elknet.net