Re: Claymation Morph!

---------

From: Melissa Speelman (lucylomax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 19:28:39 PST

Check out "Morph". He's a very simple little clay-animated character
created by Aardman Animations (creators of "Wallace & Grommet" and "Chicken
Run"). I have my 7th graders watch "The Adventures of Morph" and then work
in groups to create their own adventure. I've developed so pretty good
handouts that help students work through the creative process from
developing a story, storyboarding all the way to filming. The great thing
about Morph is, he's easy to make and a narrator does all the speaking for
him so the animation shorts that the students create are reasonably similar
to the actual video. I've had incredible success with this project. The
students take such ownership of their animations that even the "squirrelly"
ones end up with something they are very proud of. If you are interested in
a copy of my handouts I can send them to you. If a lot of you want them
I'll try and figure out a way to scan them so I can send them off via
e-mail.

This book is WONDERFUL! It covers many aspects of claymation as well as the
planning process for making a film. Plus, there is a little section on
creating Morph.

Creating 3-D Animation: The Aardman Book of Filmmaking
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0810919966/qid%3D1046315642/sr%3D11-1
/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-1440569-4083134

Hope this helps!

Melissa Speelman