Re: mural management - Mary B

---------

From: J & M Bolyard (gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 18:30:15 PST

Sandy and all,
The project is quite large. When my principal first brought it to my
attention, I was very leary to do it. He had secured a large amount of
money from a state award in a tobacco settlement to do something on
anti- tobacco. So we have one of the area's very talented mural artist
working with the kids doing murals in 4 different staircases and 8
different ceramic holders for plants in the corners of the staircase
landings. Our landings have skylights , so the plants should look great
in these areas. You'd have to see pictures to get the idea of where the
plants go. The theme for all the designs revolve around healthy
lifestyle, anti- tobacco and drugs. When I get some pics I 'll try to
post them somewhere. When this is done all kids in the school will have
been involved . Also staff, parents and people from the community are
helping. The kids will be reminded daily about having a healthy lifestyle.

MaryB

Sandy Bacon wrote:

> Mary B,
>
> This sounds really interesting. Can you describe a little more? Hope
> you post pictures so we can see! I know the nut house feeling. I
> feel that way on an everyday basis, well alone throw in some extra art
> projects! :)
>
> Sandy

---