Celebrate America Projects

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 17:05:53 PST

I am looking for art projects to celebrate the USA. Our 4th and 1st grades will be putting some programs in May and we would like to do some art work to go along with this theme. It also goes along with our art theme this year which is Learning about each other. We have done Fauve self portraits, Picasso self- portraits, Sketchbooks about us. 2nd grade did stuffed self portraiys that fly over a picture surrounded by a patchwork framea la Faith Ringgold. Third grade did clay dishes with the fossil imprints of their classmates and a print of themselves in the middle.We expanded from immediate self to do the project "Where's Mr. Fuller?" (our new principal) as our school is our immediate community. This is based on "Where's Waldo?" Great project that I found on Arts ednet about 2 yeqrs ago. So to expand to show how we relate to our country really fits what we are doing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, MJ

For you poeple that like to do art nights, our activities on our art night is going to be to do portraits of someone that they come to the show with. We will have displays of different artists works and the supplies available to wotk as they worked. For example, we will have info about Roualt, "The Old King", then theblack crayons and paint to complete this work on the spot.Mom can paint daughter and daughter can paint, for example. I would like to keep these artworks for a while and have a gallery of the evenings activities.

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. ---