Dream House Drawing unit on IAD

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 14:23:41 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I put another great lesson by Linda Wood online:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/linda-houses.htm

This lesson is suitable for many grade levels - Linda did it with 5th. The
lesson is linked from elementary plans:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/elemlessons.html

See more great examples at:
http://www.sjs.org./classes/lower/art/5thDreamHouseThumbs/index.htm

Here is an example that represents drawing with white Prismacolor:
http://www.sjs.org./classes/lower/art/5thDreamHouseThumbs/pages/HaydenHouse.
htm

Here is one that demonstrates watercolor:
http://www.sjs.org./classes/lower/art/5thDreamHouseThumbs/pages/DaisyHouse.h
tm

I didn't put all of the choices on the lesson plan. I am amazed at the
variety of approaches/media choices in this project.

Enjoy this lesson,

Judy Decker

P.S. to all out there...if you don't have the time to write up a formal
lesson plan -- just send me some "how you did it" with some images and I
will turn that into a plan for IAD. I can make up objectives that are
somewhat "believable". "We" especially need high school plans. I will be
grabing some from Ken's site in the future. Right now there is a direct link
to his site from the high school lesson plan page.

---