Sites of interest added to my site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 12:38:37 PST

I am condensing this down to just one email (I hope the subject heading is enough to catch someone's attention). I am sending as html in hope that the hyperlinks remain (my apologies to digest users).

I always add to my site what folks are searching for. New entry now on Egyptian Ceramics (you will find it on Ancient Civilizations page):

Egyptian Ceramics Early Dynasty's brought the development and use of the potters wheel and the more extensive use of clay. Find out more about the culture of ancient Egypt: Ancient Egypt Culture Exhibit from Minnesota State University. See these two examples from the British of World Cultures. Museum of See the work of these contemporary Egyptian Ceramics artists. Egyptian inspired ceramics through time.

BTW...Some one had searched for Nok Museum - the great side with the slide show is no longer online (and I didn't care for the new site --no images -- so I removed the links I had).

Lia sent me a bunch of links. Good ones I didn't have, I added (here are the highlights):

STArt: Support for Teachers in Art Excellent site for visual art, dance, music and drama curriculum. Art Standards - examples of arts performance tasks-- guides for developing your own performance tasks -- basic techniques of working with media. Art History tips - Art Criticism (this site has been added to Comprehensive Arts page -- I will also list it on the new Curriculum page soon to be added).

Puppetry Home Page: Puppet Traditions around the World - edited by Chito Lapena. Links for China, Costa Rica, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Turkey, United States and Great Britain. See what all the Puppet Home Page has to offer. (On Puppets page).

Symmetry and pattern in Oriental Carpets ORIENTAL CARPETS have long been appreciated for their beauty. That beauty is achieved through the choice of colors and designs, as well as by the manipulation of designs and colors to form pleasing patterns. (On Math and Science page -- I already have a link on the Textiles page for this site).

New Museum sites added (these are on the main Museum page):
National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson Hole Wyoming.
Excellent selection of images online and fun online games for kids.

Art Museum of the Americas Washington, DC

Cartoon Art Museum, San Francisco, California (this one is on USA Museum page).

Also...all of the women's sites of interest (for March on IAD) have been added to my site. All of the February Great Sites are also on my site. The February Incredible Artists will all be listed on the Artists links page on IAD (only a couple are on my site). The woodcuts site I mentioned the other day is also on my site on Printmaking (and I still haven't taken the time to read what he wrote -- but I am glad some of you did).

If you have some great sites for art education and just don't have the time to bookmark all of them --- send them my way and I will add them to my site....then you only have to have one bookmark.

Wonderful Wednesday to all,

Judy Decker

---