RE: so be it

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 10:36:42 PST

So be it does not mean "not thinking", but rather directing thinking in
ways in which interests people. When you discuss political issues you
are thinking. No one here believes that thinking is unimportant. Nor
do we want to minimize it's importance in art and education. Thinking
is a platform from which we all act. But we don't have to be "worried"
if there are more posts about political, social, and educational issues
rather than "thinking skills". Because the ends are discussed more than
the means does not imply that the means are not used. And "I guess"
would be a question which could be restated as "Don't you think so"? or
perhaps "maybe not"

>>> occti@mindspring.com 02/11/03 12:27PM >>>
> and if we get more replies from them political issues rather
> than thinking skills, so be it. I guess?

"So be it."? "I guess?"?

Better not guess; doesn't count for much in this world. Better to
think
about it.
This "So be it." sounds like the modern, popular "Whatever."

I guess I've been trying to get you people to understand that Thinking
*is* important, not only for your students but for you as well.

I fear that my words fall on (most but not all of) you about as much
as
the students, parents and administrators whom you try to convince that
Art is important.

Maybe if They thought about it more...

Makes you think, doesn't it?

So be it.