Questions about glue

---------

From: dkj (jouets_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 08:40:12 PST

I bought lots of different glues at Walmart and etc. before school opened
in August. Trying to avoid the dripping glue scene of last years glue/chalk
resist fish, this time (for 2nd grade clowns - glue/oil pastels on black paper)
I offered up Elmer's no-run white glue, and Elmer's gel (clear bluish) glue.
Last year's regular (washable?) glue dried fairly clear... the Elmer's no-run
dried to a milky white - not even truly see-through in even the thinnest areas.
The gel glue dried to a fantastic clear shiny finish, but it does flatten out,
not really a raised line (if one wanted to do glue prints for example, that might
be a problem?).
Students had a -really- hard time getting these two glues out of the bottle ~
is there a way to have the best of both worlds? No drips and a glue that will
come out of the bottle?
On a slightly different note, which is better to use for a tissue paper collage...
starch or thinned white glue?
Thanks for any advice!
deb

---