Re:Re: Woodcut site-- might be a good Concentration example

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 05:44:28 PST

If this were one of my students, AP or not, I would be
more than satisfied if not ecstatic with the results.
However, reviewing his resume he is a graduate from a
university with an MFA. There should clearly be a
higher level of thought. Before you have your AP
students review his site you should really read "HIS"
critical analysis of "HIS" pieces. He talks about his
girlfriend sleeping over, his roommates binge drinking
and refers to one of his roommates as "fat bobby" (or
whatever his name was.) I was not criticizing "Judy"
I was criticizing the site. Let's base our opinion on
the context of the artist (Student versus Graduate)
and not on who we teach. True criticism is not
derisive, it is merely criticism. To me one of the
greatest things about being an artist is critique and
the ability to think critically when presented with
other artworks.

Mikel