Woodcut site-- might be a good Concentration example

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 19:06:59 PST

I have to disagree with the criticism of this site and the work.

Mikel Lee wrote:

> too bad the dudes
> artistic content couldn't speak the volumes that his
> paragraph upon paragraph of dialog tried to make up
> for.

Look at his picture he's a kid - exploring and investigating what
(probably) some good art teacher taught him art making is about----
exploring and investigating personal experience, observation and reflection.

I personally think this is a good site to show my AP kids what the
Concentration section of the AP portfolio is all about..... for those of you
who don't know, the Concentration is about a personal expression of a theme,
subject, or technique - something that is seen through many works along with
written reflection.

(Thanks Judy, I've found many things to use in this site)

Patty

---