Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Andy Goldsworthy

From: lia (johns392_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 06:33:17 PST

There is a movie on him....I recently saw the looks
interesting. It has the scene which was described yesterday in discussion
about the Egg program.... It won't be easy to find everywhere.....but is the info.
Rivers and Tides:
  Rivers and Tides
Andy Goldsworthy working with time.
Renowned British sculptor Andy Goldsworthy knows that most of his pieces
will not last long because of where he makes them (often in open fields or
on beaches) and what he uses: ice, driftwood, bracken, leaves, stone. Some
of his works stand and remain in the landscape; others decay, melt or are
blown away. His work's transitory nature, in fact, is a central part of the
sculptor's creative efforts to understand the energy that flows through him
and through the natural landscape that nourishes his vision. Winner of the
Golden Gate Award Grand Prize for Best Documentary at the 2002 San
Francisco International Film Festival. In English