RE: mosaic stepping stones

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 05:21:40 PST

Are there pre-made 2 x 2s? If so - cover each with an icing of concrete
(not quick setting) - place shards, marbles, game pieces - whatever into the
concrete - let cure....no need to grout.

        Or tile the regular old way on pre-made stepping stones - be sure to
use the additive for the grout since they will be outside...

        I have done it both ways - might save some time over molds and
pouring -

        Ellen

> I need to have 12 stepping stones created by the 15th of March. Ideally
> they will be 2' square.
> Problem: I can't find a 2' mold....I could pour 4, 1' squares and put them
> together, doing the contact paper, mosaic and pour method or
> would any of you suggest getting premade stones and putting the mosaics on
> those.
> Any advice on this?

---