Re: mural management - Mark

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 18:17:26 PST

Mark,

I have two murals going right now with two third grade classes and one
fourth grade class. I don't remember if I posted this earlier or not,
but I have had a professional muralist come in to work with the kids.
 He took all the sketches they had done and did a composite mural,
brought it back to school, and the different classes made color
blueprints. Their classroom teachers were involved from the start, so
they will be able to monitor small groups (3 or 4 students) while
painting in the hallway.

I am a member of our local arts council. I approached the members about
coming in to surpervise painting and they were gung-ho. So, now all I
have to do is come up with a schedule. How about parent volunteers?
 Can you approach your PTA?

Sandy

---