Re: motivation #2

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 17:52:01 PST

Okay, I guess I misunderstood. I didin't know you meant motivation as in
discipline. I continued to read posts about Mona Bucks, and I
sometimes use Golden Pigglet Tickets (last name is Bacon with lots of
pigs all around the room) which I pass out as a reward for staying
focused on work, helping another student, helping the teacher, etc. I
don't pass them out every classtime -- there's usually not too much
time. When some child does something exceptional, especially if it is a
student that is having a difficult time using self-control or making
appropriate behavior choices, I will pass out a GPT and make a big deal
about it. I have never had them redeem them.

If you get catalogues with pictures of art prints, you can cut them out
and laminate them. I will pass these out, too, for something
exceptional. The kids love these. Hope this helps, too.

Sandy

---