Re: hair lines.....

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 16:33:45 PST

I must have missed this before. Is this what you're looking for?
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/sixth/badhairday.html I'm
doing this now with my 5th grade - I am thinking of having them do a
watercolor wash over them. Good idea or not? :-)
BTW - I got my snow day and ended up waking up with pink eye, so I get
another day at home. Is this covered by worker's comp? :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> >From: lindwood@webtv.net
> > Hair Raising Experience Drawings would be time consuming, fun, yet
> > minimal supplies and teacher involvement. I think Bunki has that
> > project on her site, but it was also in Arts and Activities or School
> > arts. It only requires black pens and white paper. Kids draw a face
> > and then add hair in swirls, zigzags, etc. The hair in these drawings
> > is wild, but consists of segments drawn with a particular line direction
> > or curve, overlapping other segments. Line variation is key. They can
> > hide things in the hair, like a Highlights for Children "What's hdden in
> > this picture" idea. Lines MUST be carefully drawn, no scribbling or
> > they start over. If you could see this, you would have a better
> > understanding of it. Bunki, was it you that had this on your site?

---