murals

---------

From: Marcia Lavery (miss_lavery_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 15:33:03 PST

I did two murals this year with my advanced 8th grade class, and even though they are very well behaved, I still did not feel comfortable having some in the hallway and some in the classroom. What I did was find out the schedules of the teacher aides that are in the school and ask the teacher if I could "borrow" an aide for that period every day for the week. It was nice just to have an extra adult around to keep an eye on things. I found that after a week, the kids were very into the mural and did not need much help, so I didn't need an aide after that first week. The teacher was very willing to help out by "lending" her aide to me. Maybe you can also ask your principal if they know any parents that would like to volunteer. Marcia