mosaic stepping stones

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 18:06:45 PST

I need to have 12 stepping stones created by the 15th of March. Ideally they will be 2' square.
Problem: I can't find a 2' mold....I could pour 4, 1' squares and put them together, doing the contact paper, mosaic and pour method or
would any of you suggest getting premade stones and putting the mosaics on those.
Any advice on this?
We are setting the stones in the perimeter of a 20' diameter concrete slab...we will also have mosaic inside the center of the slab (design yet to be determined)....all of this is going to be surrounding 12' rainbow colored posts.
It is an outdoor sculpture for our new school.

We are also having a "run for the arts" on April 1st to raise some money for this project. It is a 2mile walk/2.5 mile run complete with "uniquely, artsy trophies" , t-shirts and other door prizes. I'll let you know how it goes.

---