Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: wild 3rd grade

From: Dianna Mammone (dndmammone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 13:42:07 PST

A project that I have used is to get a lot of boxes,
from jewelry size to cartons. Have different classes
paint them while integrating concepts of color mixing,
complimentary pair, patters, etc. Then clear out a
BIG space and have each class play with stacking and
arranging them. You can discuss form, mass, and
balance/counterbalance. I hot glue or carpet tape
them together. Then I cut arches out of the walls and
bend them back inside the box. It makes a niche or
shelf. We add small sculptures and found objects and
look at Cornell's work and Nevelson and Red Grooms.
Lots of fun hands on learning.
Hope it helps,

Do you Yahoo!?