Re: wild 3rd grade

---------

From: Dianna Mammone (dndmammone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 13:42:07 PST

A project that I have used is to get a lot of boxes,
from jewelry size to cartons. Have different classes
paint them while integrating concepts of color mixing,
complimentary pair, patters, etc. Then clear out a
BIG space and have each class play with stacking and
arranging them. You can discuss form, mass, and
balance/counterbalance. I hot glue or carpet tape
them together. Then I cut arches out of the walls and
bend them back inside the box. It makes a niche or
shelf. We add small sculptures and found objects and
look at Cornell's work and Nevelson and Red Grooms.
Lots of fun hands on learning.
Hope it helps,
Diannabanana