wild 3rd grade

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 11:36:18 PST

My 3rd grade group is a very young, spontaneous, and unselfdisciplined
(for 3rd grade) bunch of kids. Because of their behaviour I'm not
interested in doing clay with them. However, my instincts say that
larger and more physical types of art such as clay would be more
engaging. Does anyone have some non clay project suggestions for this
group?
THe only thing I can think of is to have them recreate giant sculptures
with their bodies (teacher as photographer and crowd control).

thanks so much - I love this listserve!

Jan

---