RE: Tres Culturas: Summer Santa Fe Seminar Opportunity

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 11:04:11 PST

I would just like to say that I have been on Nancy's trip 2 times! It was wonderful both times. I can garantee that you will have a wonderful, enriching experience. Nancy is very knowledgeable about  Southwest Art .She knows how to get you into interesting places. And you can't bet the accommadations for the price.MJ

Subject: Tres Culturas: Summer Santa Fe Seminar Opportunity

>Tres Culturas: The Art and Culture of New Mexico will again be offered
>by me this coming summer at Ghost Ranch in Santa Fe (formerly called
>Plaza Resolana). This seminar, held from July 25-30, is for anyone
>interested in seeing below the surface of the art and culture of Santa
>Fe and northern New Mexico. The seminar costs $590.00 and includes room,
>most meals, materials, museum and other admissions, and travel during
>the seminar. Participants are responsible for travel to and from Santa
>Fe.
>
>Activities planned for this summer so far include a visit to Georgia
>O'Keeffe's house in Abiquiu (very difficult to get into!), making
>pottery with two highly respected women potters from San Ildefonso
>Pueblo (includes a visit to the Pueblo to fire the clay pieces you make
>- a real honor), a behind-the-scenes tour of the Museum of International
>Folk Art, visits to the annual Spanish Market and the best flea market I
>have ever seen in the U.S., and much more. Ghost Ranch in Santa Fe is
>only a few blocks from the plaza, so it is very convenient. We will also
>be there at the height of the summer season, when the opera and chamber
>music festivals offer other cultural opportunities.
>
>You may contact Ghost Ranch in Santa Fe for further information at
>www.ghostranch.org. They also have a campus called Ghost Ranch, but it
>is north of Abiquiu. Or you can ask me if you have any questions. New
>Mexico is the only place that I have returned to year after year and I
>continue to discover new treasures and experiences there. I hope you
>will join us!
>
>Nancy Walkup
>nwalkup@dentonisd.org
>940-382-8274
>---
>rsinger@dist34.lake.k12.il.us
>leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
>---
>leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
>

>---

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. ---