Another fundraiser idea - "Chair-ity" Auction

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 07:46:01 PST

Dear Educators,

Here is a fun idea to try... I found it on a school site submitted to
Incredible Art Department. I am hoping Linda will send me more images and
more lesson plan details so I can add it to the lesson plan section on IAD.

http://www.wlwv.k12.or.us/rosemont/KielingL/clay_chairs.htm
After choosing an artwork for inspiration, 6th grade students complete 4
preliminary drawings to translate the work into a three-dimensional couch,
chair or bench. One is chosen to be made out of clay. Once bisque fired,
they are painted to represent the chosen artwork. They are then included at
the "chair"ity auction portion of our Arts in Action community night.

Here is the art department web address:
http://www.wlwv.k12.or.us/rosemont/KielingL/Artindex.htm

Have a great week - Today is Marvelous Monday!...and I bet some of you got a
snow day.

Judy Decker

P.S. for Linda - use this notification that your site will be linked today.
You can access it through secondary art department link. I invite you to
join ArtsEducators and Getty ArtsEdNet if you are not already a member.

---