Re: mural management

---------

From: Jeannie Hess (jean1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 03:12:43 PST

When I took my third-graders to the HS to help with a mosaic tile mural, I
had them working on a paper mosaic as they waited thier turn to help with
the mural. The project: decorating an Easter egg shape with pieces cut
from strips of paper. Each kid had a pair of scissors, a glue bottle, one
strip of paper at a time and the pre-cut egg. I took along 1 tote tray with
supplies. It was of consuming interest to the kids (they had made a mosaic
tile trivet in the classroom previously and it was pre-Easter).

Jeannie in PA

Any ideas for less teacher intensive projects with a high enough engagement
level that students would be able to work on out in the hall?

Mark