art critique groups

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 02:25:12 PST

I took a watercolor class at the local community college 12 years ago.
After the class ended, the instructor and a group of students from the class
( as well as a past class) decided that we didn't want to just go our
seperate ways because the comraderie we had established was too valuable.
So we decided to meet every Monday night, not to paint, but to critique and
to provide support for one another. The group has grown, new students have
been added and we are still going strong. These people have developed into
very close friends and 5 years ago we opened a summer gallery. This
experience has been, and continues to be, one of the most significant and
rewarding professional experiences that I can imagine. I would encourage
you to take a class and perhaps you will meet other artists who want to get
together to talk about their work.
Marian

---