Egos and Rejection

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 19:30:12 PST

I had an humbling experience this weekend. At a juried show in which I
felt I was very likely to get one prize,
none of my work even got a merit. This was a first time for me to show
(it's been more than 20 years since
I've really produced work) so I really went into a funk.

I got a couple of books from the library, including one with a marvelous
chapter on the "inner critic." This seems like one of those experiences
which I could use to help my students. I'm also interested in your own
personal experiences of dusting your self off and getting back on the horse.

And do you guys have any idea of how to set up adult critique groups--like,
maybe, reading groups?

Praying for one more snow day in Tennessee.
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---