Re: ideas for mural(Susan in OR)

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 05:18:06 PST

In a message dated 2/22/2003 6:47:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, STeacherkipp writes:

> Chris, I saw awesome collage murals done with carpet pieces created by learning disabled kids at the Lab school in
> Washington, DC.
> Susan in OR ---
Susan, I also saw that mural in the board room at the Lab School and questioned how elementary school kids could have done it. I was told that a matt knife was used to cut the design- come on- elementary school kids used matt knives to cut through carpeting in an intricate Rousseau-like jungle design?!? Who are they kidding? However, I remember another wonderful mural there that was done on 6"x6" terra cotta tiles. The kids used oil pastels to draw on them. After the tiles were put together the whole thing was polyurethened (how d'ya like that spelling-LOL?)with a thick shiny coat. Gorgeous effect!
I've since tried to find terra cotta tiles, but have had no luck. Anybody know a source? Judy?

BTW, when did you have your Day With Robert Rauschenberg at the Lab School? I got to go in 2000. Love to apply for adventures like that. Does anyone have any ideas for applications to ADVENTURES...I'm getting bored...LOL...
Susan on Long Island

---