Re: [ArtsEducators] Art and Censorship

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 12:35:24 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Lawrence A. Parker" <occti@mindspring.com>

I do agree with you about the absurdity of not discussing nudes in the
classroom...BUT you are preaching to us choir members and not the community
at large who are the perpetuators of this mindset. We as teachers know what
is worth fighting for and will pick our personal battles to be fought which
can possibly be won. Few of us would be inclined to tackle a no-win battle
like this one...even discounting the possibility of termination. I think
almost all of us have at some time tried to change policy/mindsets. Most of
us have also learned to make decisions as to what battles one will fight.

> I do hope that someday someone stands up to these groups and teaches them
> the difference between "good" art and pornography.

Then...why not be our advocate, Larry, and stand up to these groups for us
and teach them the difference between "good" art and pornography? Good luck
because I see it as a no-win for you either. With much hope for your
cause...Toodles....Bunki

---