Re: motivation #2

---------

From: J & M Bolyard (gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 08:43:54 PST

Hey Thanks for the replies on motivation! Keep them coming.
I have to tell you ,as long as we are on motivation. that I did Art
Dollars for years(like Mona bucks)
and decided to stop them this year after taking this course on
motivation. Some of the kids do miss them, but I'm really trying to
encourage more intrinsic motivation. This does not mean I will never
changed after 10 years is not having them raise hands to answer
questions. This is going very well. They are motivated to pay attention
because they never know who I will call on and they get more wait time
to think instead of throwing up the hands right away( and it is uaually
the same kids). anyhow I love all your ideas. One can never have enough
strategies!
MaryB

---