Re: Mona Bucks - classroom motivator

---------

Bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 08:28:31 PST

In a message dated 2/22/03 5:27:53 AM, whest177@wheatstate.com writes:

> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

Hi Michal,
We are doing your state flower painting in oil pastel in 3rd grade.
We are substituting the bluebonnet for the sunflower.
My question is this, after they draw the entire picture in oil pastel, how do
they apply the cooking oil. And will baby oil do? I have some of that I
am not using.
Do you apply it to all areas or just the water in the container?
It's a great lesson. We've enjoyed talking about the Science connection!
In your picture it looks almost like the sunflower is outlined in black, is
that right?
ANy pointers would be appreciated since the Q tip part starts Wednesday.
Thanks
Brenda

---