Great Women artists - your opinion please

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 08:05:32 PST

Dear Art Educators,

While there are MANY great women artists -- I am having trouble finding
Great Sites that tell about them.

I am looking for sites that are well done -- "aesthetically pleasing" - have
a biography and images - and come across as "authoritative". Give me your
opinion on the following site (mailto: Jdecker@woh.rr.com):

Alice Neel, American Painter
http://www.aliceneel.com/
I like the work of Alice Neal - Some of the galleries are "nude free"
(1920's - 1940's - 1950's) while the rest contain nudes. Do you feel you
could recommend this artist to your students? I will be listing in the
discription which galleries contain the nudes (or partial nudity). Ken
Rohrer has no objection to this (as I asked him about another site I
listed). I have one copy of Scholastic Art Magazine I can loan for
presenting Alice Neal to your students (lesson plans on using the artists
are included in each magazine if you are unfamiliar with them).

Please post your suggestions of contemporay artists you have happened across
in your surfing. I will send a "preview" of artists and sites I have
selected soon. I am hoping the National Museum for Women in the Arts site
comes back online (site has been down now for a couple of days).

Have a Super Saturday,

Judy Decker

P.S. for Ann - I know you are reading....save me another copy of each Art &
Man/Scholastic Art....this idea of loaning them out just popped into my head
today. I would like to have one copy to loan - one copy to keep (you know
how things can get lost in the mail).

---