Mona Bucks - classroom motivator

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 21:41:08 PST

I am glad Michal mentioned the Mona Bucks...They really work!
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/mona.htm

My kids loved getting them. They were the currency of the Art Room Culture.
I selected the Duchamp Mona with the goatee because the USA doesn't have any
women on paper currency. The class would really quiet down when I started
handing out the "bucks" - I had no office referrals and warnings were
few.....and the warnings would go in the "Book for Naughty Boys and
Girls"....my name was even in their a few times (if I would forget to do
something....and one time a kid heard me mutter a naughty word when I
dropped a project while loading the kiln....never tried to load the kiln
again when I had a class ---smile).

If you want the "bucks" and they don't copy from the web --just send a
request off list (mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com) and I will send the word file
your way.

Judy

P.S. I got another virus email today that was supposedly sent by me (from
Jdecker).....you know I always write -safe attachment when I send.

---