interior design

---------

From: Patty Phillips (plphillips_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 19:35:47 PST

Hi, everyone.

 I have great news that I just have to share. I teach at a high school with a very well respected architecture program. The architecture teacher is paid by the state department of ed rather than the local school district, so he is always scrambling to find ways in which to improve/enhance his program (luckily he includes my art program in these endeavors). Anyway, he and I are going to begin next year offering interior design as a focus of study. Interior design students will take art 100 and 2-d and 3-d design with me. The architecture teacher and I will share teaching responsibilities in a class called interiors. This class is about ceilings, walls, floors, and molding - construction, repair, etc. I get to teach faux finishes, furniture design, and textiles.

I'm really excited about the prospects. Now, if we can just get through this endless winter in this endless school year!!

Patty Phillips

---