Looking forward to March - Women artists needed

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 09:26:16 PST

Dear ArtsEdNetters and ArtsEducators;

I would like to feature all women artists on Great Sites (IAD) for March.
Please
post great sites to the list that you have explored (I want sites that
students can use). I know I have a great site for Frida Kahlo in my files
and one for Georgia O'Keeffe. I will see if I have a great site for Mary
Cassatt, too....So send me some more. I may add the Heroes site since they
have Maya Lin listed.... I want to hear from you so please post to the list.

I am also looking for "Incredible Artists" for March -- I want contemporary
women's sites that you have found in your surfing. Lately I haven't had time
to do my own (smile) -- These updates have taken an "incredible" amount of
time. I have one site already to post:
http://www.eyfellsandeyfells.com (recommended by Cheryl).

Looking ahead....for April I want Math Art Integration sites (just for Great
Sites)....and if I don't get enough, I will include Art/science
integration. Here is one I will be listing. The Totally Tessellated site
has a
new URL now:

Totally Tessellated: A ThinkQuest Site
http://www.abc.lv/thinkquest/tq-entries/16661/index.html
http://www.abc.lv/thinkquest/tq-entries/16661/index2.html
In short, a tessellation is any repeating pattern of interlocking shapes.
Tessellations are also sometimes known as tilings, but the word "tilings"
usually refers to patterns of polygons (i.e., shapes with straight
boundaries), which is a more restrictive category of repeating patterns.

Keep posting all contemporary artists sites that you come across that really
"wow" you in some way. I want to keep the "Incredible Artists" updated
too --- and will archive each month.

Thanks for all you do to build my site (and IAD)-- many of my links have
come from
you.

Fabulous Friday!
Judy Decker