Re: growing into a name

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 06:52:23 PST

In a message dated 02/21/2003 9:16:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fieldsl@guilford.k12.nc.us writes:

> Christa wrote,"Makes me wonder about "Bunki." Would she be as great if her
> name had been
> "Rhoda" or "Eleanor"?
> Christa"
>
> Well, I'm not going to give her away, but I went to college with Bunki and
> know her "real" name. I think she has grown into "Bunki."

I know her "real" name , too, which makes Christa's question really
ironically funny...Take it from me- a Susan whose "real" first name is Avrel
and whose middle name is Susan. As a child, I didn't want the different
name, but as an adult, I now love my "arsty" first name. So, I use both- I
sign my paintings with "Avrel". I think I've grown into my first name and in
many ways it it more a reflection of me than my middle name!
(Avrel)Susan on Long Island

---